The violet flame meditation is a powerful spiritual healing practice that draws energy from the violet flame. What is violet flame, you ask? From the teachings of the Theosophical master Saint Germain, the violet flame transforms negative elements to positivity and opportunity.
The ascended master Saint Germain taught us that the violet light has the energy of transmutation, love, mercy, and forgiveness. Using this light in your contemplation helps fix personal conflicts or resolve societal issues.
This meditation also helps you gain focus and get into deep relaxation, reducing stress and anxiety in the body. In this step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to channel the positive energy from the violet flame meditation of St. Germain.
Step 1: Set Your Intention for the Violet Light Meditation
Before you contemplate, it is of great importance to think of what you want to achieve after the meditation. Focusing your mind on a specific intent will bring it to the forefront of your heart, mind, and spirit. This will guide you throughout the violet flame meditation.
Intention setting is a driving force for the violet flame meditation whether it’s a personal blockage or a planetary issue. Think of a problem or a concern that you want to focus on or want to resolve.
To set a personal intention, ask yourself some questions about the things that matter to you. How can I manifest happiness in my life? How can I drive negativity away?
If you want a resolution to what’s happening around you, set your focus on social issues. How can I help homeless people? How to turn a hostile community to a peaceful one?
These questions would help you put things into perspective. It’s important to note that you have to set just one specific intention. This is so you can give all your attention to it.
Prepare some photographs, magazine cut-outs, newspaper clippings, or anything related to your intent to aid you with visualization. This will help you bring the intention to reality after the flame meditation.
Step 2: Open Yourself Up with a Sacred Mantra
To be receptive to the positive energy from St. Germain violet flame meditation, you must begin with a mantra. From the list below, select the mantra that would best suit your intention.
- The “OM” mantra. This purifies and clears your mind to help you focus. The simple sound represents the union of mind, body, and soul. Chanting this word helps you get into deep relaxation.
- The “OM MANI PADME HUM” mantra. This is an ancient six-syllable Sanskrit chant that creates internal harmony. It purifies pride, jealousy, passion and desire, ignorance and prejudice, possessiveness, and hatred.
- The “LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU” mantra. This opens your heart to have love and compassion for others. It radiates a prayer of love, happiness, and freedom for the world.
- The “ELOHIM / HAMSA / SATNAM / TAO / SHIVA / RAM” mantra. Chanting one of these names is also a powerful mantra. Select a name you want to use for your meditation.
- The “Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.” mantra. Repeating the three names of Supreme Being expands your consciousness. It infuses meaning, power, and significance to your mind, heart, and soul.
- The “Ho’oponopono” mantra. The word Ho’oponopono” literally translates to “I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.” Choose this one if you want to get rid of any negative feelings such as distress, anger, and shame.
- The “Ham-Sa” mantra. “Ham and Sa” means “I am that.” Breathe in and say “ham” to affirm your “I am-ness.” Breathe out by saying “sa” to bridge the gap between yourself and everything in existence. This mantra reminds us that everything is interconnected.
Once you’ve chosen a mantra for Saint Germain violet flame meditation, draw your energy to the point of your heart. While doing your mantra, close your eyes and place your hand over your heart until you find serenity.
Step 3: Visualize a Sphere of Light and Turn into a Violet Flame
Use the power of your imagination and visualize a blazing white flame in the center of your chest. Take a deep breath and see the flame filling in your heart. Visualize the light growing larger until it becomes a sphere of light surrounding your entire body.
As you envision the white fire intensifies, say a prayer for spiritual protection. Cantillate these lines:
Saint Germain and angels of protection, please surround me with a sphere of radiant white fire as I give this meditation. Let the light I invoke be used for the blessing, healing, and protection of all life upon earth.
Once you’re done reciting the prayer, you may begin transforming the white light into a violet flame. Try to visualize a violet spark that gradually grows and spreads over the white flames.
Recite this decree:
I AM the Violet Flame of presence, blazing and transforming whatever within me that needs to be healed.
Repeat this as many times as possible for the violet flame invocation.
Continue with the affirmation until the violet spark transforms the white light into a dazzling sun of violet fire. The violet flame of St. Germain meditation draws positive energy, bringing light to situations and matters that need healing.
Step 4: Direct the Positive Energy to Heal Others
The purple flame meditation lets you spread the positive light. Send it as a gift of forgiveness to people or spread happiness and comfort to the world. To resolve a social concern, direct the energy to the visual aids you prepared in Step 1.
Hold your hands up in front of you with palms either facing outwards or facing your visual aid. While saying the prayer aloud, visualize the violet flame radiating from your heart through your palms. Imagine the flame as it slowly dissolves the problem and turns the situation into a positive one.
Recite this prayer as you visualize:
By the power of the light and love within my heart and the heart of Saint Germain and the violet-flame angels, I ask that the light I am about to invoke be directed into the following condition(s) __________.
Step 5: Close the Flame to End the Meditation
Breathe deeply and slowly shift your focus from inward to outward. Envision the violet flame shrinking into the center of your forehead.
Recite this prayer:
O God, let the light invoked through this meditation be for the blessing and healing of my family, my friends, and all those in need throughout the world. I ask that this reservoir of light saturate the earth and transmute all conditions that stand in the way of a new day of peace and love manifesting upon this planet.
After the prayer, recite the same mantra you used at the beginning of your meditation. Repeatedly chant the lines until the violet fire diminishes gradually in size. You’ll know that meditation has been successful when you experience a state of psychological and spiritual peace.
The violet flame transmutation and meditation clears your mind and removes soul blockages. Knowing the above meditation steps brings you closer to what you want to achieve. Keep in mind that you have to set the best intention at heart.
Intention setting is the driving force and the fundamental purpose of the entire meditation process. You must believe in the intention that you set from the very beginning. Make sure it’s something that you’re looking to build or nurture so you can make yourself better.